Monday, July 31, 2006

Wii vs PS3

Imho, the Wii focuses more on the games while the PS3 focuses on the hardware. I saw the PS3 car game (what was it, Grand Turismo or something) in "HD" and "oh look amazing," but well, I don’t have a HDTV, so it doesn’t matter to me.

Now, I saw a video of the Wii, having Miyamoto, a couple Nintendo execs, and some lucky audience member playing tennis vs each other. They were moving around the stage, swinging just like they would a racket, etc. It looked fun! And having the controller move like a targetting reticle, etc.....I’m REALLY looking forward to the Wii. The Wii took the right focus and are working on better gameplay rather than better hardware like with the PS3, which I really doubt any developer will truly take advantage of.

Besides, for $600 I could almost get a laptop, which while it wouldn’t be amazing, would let me play games anywhere.